Download a Free Snow Overlay

By | 2018-01-20T14:58:35+00:00 December 8th, 2017|16 Comments

Give your photos a beautiful, magical, winter look with this free snow overlay download! Scroll down to access the download. And, after downloading the overlay, you can use the instructions below to use the file in Photoshop, Luminar, and also in ON1 Photo Layers.

To view more snow overlays, and watch some video tutorials on adding them to your image, please click here.

Photoshop:

1. Open any photo into Photoshop
  2. Go to File > Place Embedded and locate the snow overlay file
  3. Resize the snow overlay so that it fits the entire canvas size, and click on the check at the top (or press the RETURN/ENTER key to commit the change)
  4. In the Layers panel, change the blending mode of the snow overlay layer to Screen

Scroll through this gallery for image instructions:

Luminar 2018:

1. Open any photo into Luminar 2018
  2. In the Layers panel, click the + icon and select Add new image layer
  3. Locate and select the snow overlay file and add it to your document
  4. Change the blending mode to Screen

Scroll through this gallery for image instructions:

ON1 Photo RAW:

1. Open any photo into ON1 Photo RAW Layers
  2. In the menu, go to File > Add Layers from File
  3. Locate and select the snow overlay file and add it to your document
  4. Change the blending mode to Screen

Scroll through this gallery for image instructions:

Free Snow Overlay Download

Use the form below to download a free Winter Wonderland snow overlay:

Nicole S. Young is a professional photographer and published author whose love of photography and teaching has grown into an online business where she creates training materials and resources for other photographers. Nicole is best known for her books on food photography, but is widely versed in a variety of photographic genres, including landscape, travel, lifestyle, and even underwater photography. You can learn more about Nicole's work on her website, nicolesy.com.

1. Stephen Stevenson December 8, 2017 at 6:38 pm - Reply

Thanks for the free stuff Nicole. Merry Christmas!

2. Ed Vasconcellos January 3, 2018 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Thanks Nicole your method of instruction make it a lot easier to learn, HALF A GREAT NEW YEAR.

3. BJ Franklin January 3, 2018 at 6:20 pm - Reply

This was an outstanding brief on Luminar 18! I appreciate your efforts! Thanks for the free downloads. Happy New Year!

4. mordehai sela January 5, 2018 at 6:41 am - Reply

I love your instructions , they are in plain language and easy to follow

5. Irene January 9, 2018 at 3:35 pm - Reply

Thank you, Nicole, it’s so nice of you to share!

6. Carol January 9, 2018 at 3:45 pm - Reply

Thanks, Nicole. I will enjoy using it.

7. wcamp design January 9, 2018 at 4:18 pm - Reply

I appreciate your expertise and generosity, Nicole.May we thank you often.

8. Brandon January 18, 2018 at 8:43 am - Reply

Thank you Nicole, great lessons on Luminar!

9. Christopher January 21, 2018 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Excellent series, thank you! I especially enjoyed #7 and really shows good workflow. I shall aspire (!) from RAW to finished in six minutes!

10. neil Ralston January 31, 2018 at 11:17 am - Reply

I am a 67year old disabled man who got skylum for xmas and your lessons have been a great help thanks and keep it up. Neil

11. John Henry January 31, 2018 at 2:21 pm - Reply

Really enjoyed your videos Nicolesy, thanks for the freebies too!

12. Kevin McManus February 1, 2018 at 8:56 pm - Reply

“Thanks Nicole purchased Luminar right afer Christmas and have been trying to follow the online webinars but my internet connection out here in the boonies is terrible. It even took me awhile to download your lessons and save them. They have been a great help for me. Again many thanks.

13. Linda Rood February 6, 2018 at 3:32 pm - Reply

Thank you. Layers has been a dificult concept to understand and they are now much clearer. I now have a much better understanding Luminar and I am looking forward to incorporating it into my post processing.

14. Leonardo Ortega February 13, 2018 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Thank you Nicole, your lessons has been very helpful. Now practice, practice and more practice. Thank you for the free xtras!!!!

15. Kenny Wayne March 10, 2018 at 9:30 pm - Reply

Nicole~ You have made entering this dimension of learning new techniques easy as making SOS. Thank you for sharing your brilliance and the many FREE items. I am off to stroll around the Ville to fill my lens with new images with a newly acquired thirst.~ kw(USN-SS)

16. Mary April 5, 2018 at 1:33 pm - Reply

Thanks for always providing some great free stuff. Love your videos and creative packs.