The new version of Luminar is available for preorders beginning today! I put together a short video below, highlighting some of the new features you will find in this version.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
New features in Luminar 2018:
- New design: This version comes with an updated interface, much more elegant and user-friendly.
- Look Up Table (LUT) support: LUTs are similar to presets that can work in many different types of image-processing platforms, and Luminar 2018 is now compatible with these types of files! LUTs are commonly used in video editing and can be thought of as one-click presets that can be used to apply a range of settings with only one click and one filter. Think of them as Instagram filters. And, if you’re still confused, this video explains it all quite well.
- Sun rays filter: This is a fun new filter that allows you to add sun rays in your images, and it is seriously cool. Watch my video below to see how you can apply this to a photo.
- Dodge & Burn: This is a new filter that allows you to quickly intensify the brightness and darkness in specific areas of the photo.
- Windows compatible: This version of Luminar is now Windows compatible! Please note that some features will not be in the Windows version at launch, but are promised to be added through free updates by the end of the year.
- Digital Asset Manager (DAM) — Coming Soon!: While not yet available in this release, Skylum is working on a brand-new DAM that will be available as a free update to all users who purchase Luminar 2018 when it is available next year.
Plus, if you preorder today, you will get a free bonus preset pack from me! (It will be delivered directly from Skylum Software with your software download.) How cool is that?!
Preorder Luminar today — $39 for current Luminar users and $59 for new users
Watch the Video
Watch below to see the new features of Luminar 2018:
Photos edited in Luminar 2018:
View some before & after edits of images I processed using Luminar 2018 Supernova: