Getting to Know Luminar

By | 2017-11-06T12:09:41+00:00 September 18th, 2017|6 Comments

Photographers have many choices for post-processing applications, and I tend to gravitate to the ones I’m most familiar with, as well as those that I enjoy using. Recently I’ve been giving the Macphun products a try, and I’ve found them to be very intuitive and easy to use. I’ve also had a lot of fun learning and playing with the filters, presets, and other tools inside of both Luminar and Aurora.

Below you’ll find a short 10-minute video where I demonstrate some of the features of Luminar while doing a simple edit of a photo I created in Morocco earlier this year. And, if you’d like to give Luminar a try for yourself, click here (or use the button below).

Use the code NICOLESY and save $10:

Save $10 on Luminar with the code NICOLESY — CLICK HERE

Interested in the Windows version? Click here to download the beta.

Watch the Tutorial

Watch below to see a post-processing walk through with this software:

View the before/after image from the tutorial:

1. ppcru September 18, 2017 at 10:32 am - Reply

Gracias Nicole S. me encanto!! se agradece que compartas tus talentos.

2. KUMAR Rege September 28, 2017 at 5:49 pm - Reply

Thanks Nicole, very nice introductory video. I have also recently purchased it and find it very intuitive. Looking forward to few more videos on Luminar from you . Best wishes, Kumar

3. Stella October 14, 2017 at 7:42 pm - Reply

Great tutorial and I love the way you adapt the image.

4. ELLIOT STERN November 6, 2017 at 6:45 pm - Reply

As always Nicole, a great presentation. Thanks. After almost a year of experimenting with a variety of raw processors including the ones from our buddies at On1 I have come back to Luminar because it is the most complete simplest and intuitive program in the market. I am anxious to do a hands on with 2018 and its future developments. Everything I ever had with Adobe went into the trash can and is gone. On1 which can’t seem to get out of beta is going to go very shortly as well. A couple of others I am keeping around.

Thanks for lesson here and i hope you are developing a full course for 2018.

5. ELLIOT STERN November 6, 2017 at 6:47 pm - Reply

I have a pretty serious question and I know this one is going to be tough to answer, but it always pays to ask the instructor. Besides my Macs I also have an Ipad Pro 10.5 and have been trying different raw processors but can’t lock onto anything special. Have you been using an Ipadpro and if so is there a raw processor besides one that says Adobe that you have taken a liking to.

Thanks.