Nicolesy Vlog (Episode 1)

Home|Videos, Vlog|Nicolesy Vlog (Episode 1)

I’m super excited to share my first ever vlog episode! I’m no stranger to making videos, but I wanted to start putting something different together and getting more face-time on the camera. In this episode I show off my fancy Snapchat Spectacles, give a quick preview of the new Lomo’Instant Automat, and show you the highlights of the brand-new Peak Design Everyday Tote bag (all links are at the bottom of the post).

Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

Hope you enjoy! And please let me know what you think in the comments.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Music: “In Tune” (J. Glaze Remix), by Kellee Maize & J. Glaze Productions: http://freemusicarchive.org
• Snapchat Spectacles: https://www.spectacles.com
• Lomo’Instant Automat: https://shop.lomography.com
• Peak Design Everyday Tote: https://www.peakdesign.com

By | 2017-02-12T11:05:51+00:00 December 14th, 2016|16 Comments

1. Bruce Gunning December 15, 2016 at 6:06 am - Reply

Nice job, warm and knowledgeable.

2. Barry Styles December 15, 2016 at 7:12 am - Reply

I enjoyed your first vlog very much. Well lit, great audio, interesting subject matter. Doesn’t get much better than that! Keep it up…looking forward to your next installment!

3. Sherry Laflamme January 3, 2017 at 11:10 am - Reply

Thanks, Nicole. Really love your first and very informative vlog. The tip to get out and shoot (everyday) is a great reminder. Looking forward to your next one. Best wishes for a great 2017!

4. Kevin Perston January 8, 2017 at 10:08 am - Reply

Interesting however the products that you show are not available in the the Netherlands, but well done.

5. Barry Park January 8, 2017 at 12:29 pm - Reply

Warm and friendly blog nice to get to know you, like the pics

6. Eduardo Mueses January 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm - Reply

Great job!! Love the format!! Here is to many more episodes!!

7. Julio Aponte January 8, 2017 at 2:44 pm - Reply

Nice blog. Short and very interesting. By the way, I couldn’t help noticing the old typewriter to the right of the screen. Is it for the looks or does it still work? Keep up the good work!

8. Carol January 8, 2017 at 3:45 pm - Reply

Thanks’ Nicole, loved your first Vlog. Keep up the good work.

9. Clay January 8, 2017 at 6:57 pm - Reply

Great stuff Nicole. I am always interested to be introduced to what is out there even though I am not necessarily in the market right now. My philosophy is to see what is available because somewhere down the road it may be useful. I like the examples shown about some pictures you have taken…for those of us that are beginners this opens up our minds to creativity and to be observant of our surroundings. Good job and keep up the good work.

10. Chris G Flemming January 9, 2017 at 6:36 am - Reply

Great first effort and very nicely done. One thing, which I notice in a lot of these productions: if at all possible, take the camera you’re using to record yourself OFF of automatic focus, and manually focus on your position. With autofocus, the moment you make any kind of large movement, the camera loses focus on you and grabs something else, usually in the background. This is disconcerting for viewers especially as, watching on computers, we are so close to the screen.

• Nicole S. Young January 9, 2017 at 9:52 am - Reply

Hi Chris, I realize it’s not perfect but focusing manually (when I record these myself) is very difficult. It would likely end up with me being out of focus for the entire video, because I move around a little bit and I am usually have the aperture set wide open. Plus, I wouldn’t be able to hold anything close to the camera to display.

11. shelle January 9, 2017 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Nice first vlog. Interesting content, good audio and video.

12. Paul January 10, 2017 at 2:32 pm - Reply

GREAT VLOG! I did not expect anything different from you.

13. Chuck January 17, 2017 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Great Vlog…very informative, liked the bag, may have to look into one for myself. Noticed the old typewriter on the desk…do you still use it?

• Nicole S. Young January 17, 2017 at 2:21 pm - Reply

I sure do! Brian got it for me as a gift a year ago, it works like a charm :)