New Release! The Complete Guide to Perfect Effects

||New Release! The Complete Guide to Perfect Effects

Video Training for Perfect Effects 9

I just released a brand-new product today, The Complete Guide to Perfect Effects! As many of you know, I’m a fan of onOne and have created training on their products in the past. This comprehensive video course is a project I have been working on for some time and am super excited to finally release it to you.

click-here-to-buy-SMALL

By | 2016-12-18T17:00:49+00:00 February 19th, 2015|22 Comments

1. John Shiever February 22, 2015 at 6:10 pm - Reply

I have been using Perfect Photo Suite for several years. I have been looking for a comprehensive manual that has an explanation of many of the tools and effects. These videos do just that. Even though I knew how to use much of this software, Nicole provides a deeper view of the many options that are available. I now have an easy reference to remember how to use a specific tool or “effect”. This tutorial is worth the money.
    The only addition I would make is more specifics on using the Browser feature to bring in my images and then moving them to Lightroom… maybe in version 2.0.

2. Cor van der Linden February 23, 2015 at 1:10 am - Reply

Great Guide. The download files have an excellent quality. The course covers as far as I can judge, everything there is to know about Perfect Effects. I have been using Perfect Effects for a few years now, but Nicole still points out to features that are often overlooked.
    Well worth the money

3. Harold Blair February 23, 2015 at 10:35 am - Reply

Nicole is an excellent speaker and the content of the course is very good. Explains all the aspects quite well. Gets a bit tedious when describing all the various filters but does a good job not making it boring. Overall I would give it a 92 (of 100) score. Definitely worth the cost.

4. Don February 24, 2015 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Dear Nicole . . . so I purchased your Perfect Effects course. The announcement came by way of the onOne newsletter. I thought I would take a chance and plunked down my money. I’ve created an account on Udemy and accessed the courses. When I have time to watch the lessons, I will not have a Net connection and need to have the videos offline.

Is there a way to download all the courses and resources in one large .zip file rather than the painfully laborious and time consuming click on each lesson and then each resource and then each video one at a time? And . . . then go the next lesson and do it all again.

I really hope there’s an easy way,

Thanks,
    Don

• Harold Blair February 24, 2015 at 2:45 pm - Reply

Don:
      You can download all video files and graphics for Nicolesy. However, it is somewhat (very) laborious. You have to start/watch each video. Then go the the side bar (left hand side) and select download. You must do this for ALL videos, one at a time! Very tiresome. The only complaint I have with Nicole’s video is this process. And, it is not her but the Udemy site. Very poor design. Most other video training sites allow one to download the entire series at once.

Harold (btw, I downloaded all the videos and graphics for off site viewing. Took me several hours.

• Nicole S. Young February 24, 2015 at 2:58 pm - Reply

Hi Don, I’m currently updating the course so that all of the video downloads are in one lesson, that way you will not have to open up each lesson online to download it (they will all be included in the first lesson).

Unfortunately I am unable to provide just one .zip file for the downloads; there are 60+ lessons in this course and that size of file would be too large.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any other concerns!

(BTW, thanks for chiming in, Harold!) :)

• Don February 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm - Reply

This will be VERY helpful. Will the .zip file for each group also include the resources? AND, can you post a reply when the new .zip files are ready? I’ll wait until then.

Thanks again,
        Don

• Nicole S. Young February 24, 2015 at 4:39 pm - Reply

Hi Don, if you are referring to the other downloads (presets, textures, images, etc.), then yes, these will also be available in that same location in the course. I’ll make a course announcement when everything is uploaded, so you should get an email (or can see it on the course online) when it is finished :)

5. Don February 25, 2015 at 11:29 pm - Reply

Nicole, I just finished downloading all the files you put into Section 1, Lesson 2 & 3. It still took a VERY long time. Being the resident propeller head, I have a suggestion to make it more customer friendly. We all frequently have to download very large file, some as large as a Gig (Photoshop upgrades, Window or iOS upgrades, etc.) that the total download time takes easily in excess of an hour for the single upgrade file. When you have 66 lesson mp4 files to download a person’s PC can only run a few simultanious download streams. Windows 8, for instance can only do 6 streams at one time. So once one has 6 mp4 files being downloaded and tries to start a 7th, she/he just has to wait until one of the 6 is finished which generally takes between 1 and 3 minutes with a fast connection. You have to multiply that delay by the remaining 60 mp4 files to go to get a sense of how long you’ll be sitting, waiting, clicking, waiting, etc.

If you .zip all 66 together you get a 1.33 Gig .zip file. So, you could do that. Then when someone start the download (a single file) they can go to dinner, work out at the gym, or whatever. In comparison your sample image .zip files are between 300 and 700 Meg each. One could start all 5 and go watch a movie or do something else that’s productive. So the way you reconstructed the file groupings, while marginally better, it’s still a laborious and time consuming process. I’d suggest taking one more stab at it for the rest of you customers.

• Nicole S. Young February 25, 2015 at 11:50 pm - Reply

Hi Don, I appreciate the feedback. Just this evening I have, in fact, condensed all of the video files down to much more reasonable sizes (almost exactly as you suggested). The 1080p downloads are now a total of 1.43 GB. Thanks for your patience on this! I apologize for the inconvenience.

6. Don February 27, 2015 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Hi Nicole, In today’s announcement, what changed in the “updated version”? It wasn’t clear. Did any of the content change or just the download options that are new? If content changed, can you identify which session/lessons etc?

Thanks

• Nicole S. Young February 27, 2015 at 12:41 pm - Reply

Nothing has changed in this version, it was only a notice to let you know that the files can be downloaded directly from the link you received with your receipt. Hope that helps answer your question!

7. John February 27, 2015 at 7:39 pm - Reply

Thank you very much for making the files easily downloadable! It was the only disappointment with this course (compared to your landscape and step-by-step courses) when I found out that it was Udemy only but now it’s perfect. I like to have the whole lot available on my laptop if (e.g.) I have the energy to learn whilst sat on a plane. Thanks again!

8. Betty Girardeau March 14, 2015 at 12:50 pm - Reply

I love the videos and especially being able to download them at this site. But I wish there were a pdf file that I could look at to show the entire table of contents. While the individual videos are pretty short, I would like to easily be able to find what I either want to review or just to see where things start and end as you would with any book.

• Nicole S. Young March 15, 2015 at 7:38 am - Reply

Hi Betty, this is something I am working on and should have ready before the end of the month. I’m currently traveling overseas, but will get this put together as soon as I get back from my trip. :)

9. Rebecca March 23, 2015 at 1:44 pm - Reply

I am frustrated … I paid 50.00 to get your Perfect Effects course.. and now I see that it is offered for free on
    Uacademy.. web site.. when I was following your instructions.. I don’t understand.. why am I paying when it is
    offered for free. I am sure it is likely worth that.. but I am wondering? What is up?

• Nicole S. Young March 23, 2015 at 2:19 pm - Reply

Hi Rebecca, the course is not free on Udemy. When you purchase the course through my website, you receive a link with a coupon-code that makes it appear free to you (because you already paid for it). If you were to locate the course without that code, you would see that it is not a free course.

10. Al Guden April 14, 2015 at 9:12 am - Reply

Will there be any updates for 9.5?

• Nicole S. Young April 14, 2015 at 10:17 am - Reply

Hi Al, I am planning on adding some new videos showing what has been updated. I won’t replace any existing content, but will be working on the new videos this month.

11. Betty Girardeau April 14, 2015 at 10:09 am - Reply

And I am still looking forward to some kind of table of contents file. Hope your trip was great, though.