Earth, Water, Fire, and Air
Explore the Elements is a contest that invites bloggers (that’s you!) to showcase the images you’ve captured on your travels. There are four categories (Earth, Water, Fire and Air) and the challenge is to submit photos that capture the essence of each of these elements. There is no stipulation on how long you’ve been blogging, so bloggers new and old are welcome to take part.
While it isn’t compulsory to submit an image for each of the four elements, you’ve got more chance of winning one of the prizes on offer if you do submit a photograph for each category. It’s also worth noting that to be in with a chance of winning the grand prize of a £5,000 travel fund, you’ll have to submit a photo for all four element categories.
I’m a Judge!
Here’s a list of all of the judges for this contest:
- Dave Bouskill – theplanetd.com – Earth Judge
- Elia Locardi – blamethemonkey.com – Fire Judge
- Ken Kaminesky – kenkaminesky.com – Water Judge
- Nicole S. Young – nicolesyblog.com – Air Judge
As you can see, I will be judging the “Air” category! It’s a tough one, I’ll admit, so put those creative thinking caps on. Here’s what I am looking for as a judge:
- The main thing I’m looking for in the winning photo is a unique and creative perspective on the concept of “air”. I’m also looking for images with clean processing and balanced composition.
Here are my interpretations for each of these categories:
How to enter:
- Publish an Explore the Elements post on your blog with images for all 4 elements. If you don’t have photos for all 4 elements, post images for the elements that you do have images for. Those who don’t have photos for all 4 elements will still be in with a chance of winning the category winner prizes but won’t be in the running for the main £5,000 travel fund prize.
- Nominate and notify 5 other bloggers to take part in Explore the Elements at the end of your post to spread the word about the contest!
- Notify Thomas Cook of your entry before the closing date of the 16th March 2015 by either:• Tweeting @thomascookuk including #exploretheelements and a link to your blog post in your tweet; or
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including a link to your post, your name and your email address.
- This contest is open from January 19, 2015 through March 16, 2015.
More information about this contest:
Thomas Cook and the competition judges will share and retweet some of our favorite “Explore the Elements” posts throughout the contest’s 8 week duration, so be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts closely!
Prizes & Judging: Every Explore the Elements blog entry will be judged by our 4 judges with each judge selecting an element category winner to receive either a Fujifilm camera, an Apple MacBook Air, or an Apple iPhone 6 with Bose noise canceling headphones depending on their choice. The judges will then work together to select the overall winner of the £5,000 travel fund. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link below.
Read the updated Terms and Conditions.
If you want to know more about the contest or if you have any questions please get in touch via either Twitter (@thomascookuk) or email (email@example.com).
Official Competition Pages:
This contest is open to everyone! And, to get things started, I’ve nominated a few of my fellow photographers:
Please CLICK HERE to view the Terms and Conditions for this contest.