My Food Photography Class is Now Online!

Head over to KelbyOne.com to check it out :)

|, Food Photography & Styling, Photography, Training & Tutorials|My Food Photography Class is Now Online at KelbyOne.com!

My Food Photography Class is Now Online at KelbyOne.com!

By | 2016-12-18T17:00:55+00:00 March 6th, 2014|8 Comments

I’m super excited to announce that my brand-new food photography class is now available over at KelbyOne.com! In the class I walk through several food setups to show you my process from start to finish. This is a GREAT course for food bloggers and anyone wanting to get started by photographing food in the comfort of their home, or anywhere with a kitchen and great natural light.

Here are some of the topics I cover in the videos:

• Lighting food (natural and strobe light)
  • Using modifiers (reflectors and diffusers)
  • Styling and props
  • Gear and equipment

Head on over to KelbyOne to take a look and watch the promo video. :) And be sure to let me know your thoughts if you get the chance to check it out!

InstructorBanners_516x343

1. Rafael March 8, 2014 at 1:54 pm - Reply

Thanks for the class! It was inspiring!

2. Debbi March 9, 2014 at 6:51 am - Reply

I loved the class Nicole! The only thing I would have added would be an overhead food shoot. I would like to know the equip to use for overhead in a small room. I ordered a custom bracket yesterday. They are pricey! I would love to see a blog entry about overhead shooting sometime. Thanks for the Kelby class!

• Nicole S. Young March 10, 2014 at 12:00 am - Reply

Hi Debbi, I’m glad you enjoyed the class! And, your request for overhead shooting is definitely a fair statement. I do not tend to photograph my food that way (top-down) so I kept it to my typical style, but I do so every once in a while. I’ll keep your comment in mind for future food photography projects and articles. :)

3. Tammy Soto March 23, 2014 at 4:09 pm - Reply

Hey Nicole,
    I’m a Kelbyone member and absolutely love being on the site. I recently viewed your class for Food Photography…I love It! In fact, I added Food Photography to my other talents as well. I bought your book and refer to it many times, great read and easy to follow. What is your bracket you use to put the camera in horizontal or vertical mode? I would love to get that same set up…
    Thanks, Tammy

• Nicole S. Young March 24, 2014 at 4:07 pm - Reply

Hi Tammy, that was a Custom Bracket. If you watch the first video (Lesson 1) at about 2:30 in I describe it. :)

4. Patricia Davidson March 28, 2014 at 1:32 pm - Reply

I watched your series last week. It’s very well done! I enjoyed it and picked up some great tips. Thanks!

5. Matt Snyder April 5, 2014 at 4:10 am - Reply

Great class, Nicole! I watched it last night. I really liked a few of those antique plates you used.

6. Jennifer May 27, 2014 at 11:59 pm - Reply

Superb training video! I love it. Food photography is my primary photography focus. Learned lots in the video that is going to help me with my photography. Loved the plates, the tripod setup (I need that landscape/portrait orientation thingy), the composition and styling. I also like that you introduced me to using live view for food photography. I was previously using just the viewfinder, without a tripod. It makes it so much easier to compose in live view and to use a tripod!