|, Photography|Taking Time to Smell the Flowers…

Taking Time to Smell the Flowers…

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:03+00:00 September 23rd, 2012|36 Comments

I think I spent nearly the entire day behind my computer yesterday, working on a project (which I’ll be revealing one week from tomorrow!). Plus, I’m still slaving away at my +onOne Software +Peachpit book to make my deadline next month. Lots to do … so little time … and no rest for the weary.

Thankfully I forced myself out of the apartment this weekend and went to the market. I even have some beautiful dahlias on my desk and kitchen table to show for it. :)

I tend to get very focused on my work when I have major projects and deadlines and my social media presence tends to slow down. Don’t worry though, I’m not going anywhere and I promise to pop in as frequently as I possibly can.

1. Heidi Anne Morris September 23, 2012 at 11:57 pm - Reply

:O)) wonderful !

2. Heidi Anne Morris September 23, 2012 at 11:57 pm - Reply

:O)) wonderful !

3. Stan Steel September 23, 2012 at 11:58 pm - Reply

Always good to smell the flowers! =) thanks for the reminder

4. Stan Steel September 23, 2012 at 11:58 pm - Reply

Always good to smell the flowers! =) thanks for the reminder

5. Ariel Chavez September 24, 2012 at 12:07 am - Reply

Just did some gardening today! Love getting in the dirt and planting life. Flowers heal the eyes and soul. :) At least for me.

6. Ariel Chavez September 24, 2012 at 12:07 am - Reply

7. michel prins September 24, 2012 at 12:09 am - Reply

being focussed is good, i remember all the dahlias i sowed in my primaryschoolgarden been overun by bugs? I hope yours are clean. :P and good luck with the writing.

8. michel prins September 24, 2012 at 12:09 am - Reply

9. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 12:10 am - Reply

Absolutely +Nicole S. Young it makes you appreciate the things that you're doing that much better. By the way are you trying to pull this into your blog automatically as I noticed the #blog hash tag. unfortunately it hasn't been working very well for me (not sure if it is for you).

10. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 12:10 am - Reply

11. deh john September 24, 2012 at 12:25 am - Reply

hi

12. deh john September 24, 2012 at 12:25 am - Reply

hi

13. Lauren McGeeney September 24, 2012 at 12:38 am - Reply

beautiful

14. Lauren McGeeney September 24, 2012 at 12:38 am - Reply

beautiful

15. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 1:02 am - Reply

+Hark Nijjar I use a +WordPress plugin from +Daniel Treadwell. It works very well for me, the posts go in as drafts and I can even edit them before I publish to my blog, and the comments continue to transfer over, too. You can change the settings in the plug-in to work however you like.

16. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 1:02 am - Reply

17. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 1:08 am - Reply

Thanks +Nicole S. Young I'm using the same plugin, it works great for pulling in everything however when I use the setting to pull in content with a specific hash tag it doesn't. It's probably a setting issue so I will go back and take a look. Thanks for your reply.

18. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 1:08 am - Reply

19. zakaria bensaad September 24, 2012 at 1:17 am - Reply

nice

20. zakaria bensaad September 24, 2012 at 1:17 am - Reply

nice

21. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 1:22 am - Reply

+Hark Nijjar I think the hash-tag is case-sensitive. Maybe see if you're using caps or no caps in your settings.

22. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 1:22 am - Reply

23. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 1:56 am - Reply

Thanks I didn't know that +Nicole S. Young very helpful.

24. Hark Nijjar September 24, 2012 at 1:56 am - Reply

Thanks I didn't know that +Nicole S. Young very helpful.

25. Karthik Nagaraj September 24, 2012 at 1:57 am - Reply

I visited Pike Place a few weeks back. It was nice. +Priya Vaidyanath +Siva S +Diviya Subramaniam

26. Karthik Nagaraj September 24, 2012 at 1:57 am - Reply

27. Mandy Sloan September 24, 2012 at 6:01 am - Reply

Glad you got out a bit! I can't easily to see what else you are working on!

28. Mandy Sloan September 24, 2012 at 6:01 am - Reply

Glad you got out a bit! I can't easily to see what else you are working on!

29. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 6:02 am - Reply

+Mandy Sloan You'll find out next week :)

30. Nicole S. Young September 24, 2012 at 6:02 am - Reply

+Mandy Sloan You'll find out next week :)

31. Dale Schiff September 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm - Reply

How do I get a copy of your book on onOne 7?

32. Dale Schiff September 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm - Reply

How do I get a copy of your book on onOne 7?

33. Carla McMahon September 27, 2012 at 5:54 am - Reply

Thanks +Hark Nijjar and +Nicole S. Young I have been meaning to find out how some people manage to integrate their blogs like that.

34. Carla McMahon September 27, 2012 at 5:54 am - Reply

35. Nicole S. Young September 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm - Reply

+Dale Schiff It's available for pre-order, here are the link: http://bit.ly/ononebook

36. Nicole S. Young September 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm - Reply