Lytro Awesomeness at Photoshop World!

Home|Blog, Lytro, Photography, Photoshop World|Lytro Awesomeness at Photoshop World!

Click on the image to watch the focus change!

I had a great time at Photoshop World last week … it’s always so much fun to meet up with friends, going to classes and seeing all the stuff on the Expo floor (probably my favorite place to hang out). I didn’t bring any camera gear with me, but I did have my +Lytro so I went around photographing some of my favorite things on the Expo floor.

This image is +Scott Cowlin showing off my Food Photography book at the +Peachpit booth. To see a bunch more Lytro images from the event, head on over to my portfolio on Lytro’s website.

The way the Lytro works is that it captures the “light field”, which then allows you to click on different areas of focus. The images are interactive, so you can click on the image and watch the focus change as you click. There’s a lot more information over on the Lytro website if you want to learn more.

BTW, for a great viewing experience on sites like Google+ and Pinterest, there are plugins you can add to Chrome … here’s the link: http://bit.ly/QhRMgl

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:03+00:00 September 11th, 2012|10 Comments

1. Raul Rios September 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm - Reply

Still on the fence on this one, but I more want it than not.

2. Raul Rios September 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm - Reply

Still on the fence on this one, but I more want it than not.

3. David Ballard September 11, 2012 at 10:37 pm - Reply

Great fun! If it only looked like a camera. Imagine showing up at a photowalk with it. No that wouldn't work. Photographers know about it. How about the wedding photographer that shows up at the wedding with just his Lytro?

4. David Ballard September 11, 2012 at 10:37 pm - Reply

5. Damian Vines September 12, 2012 at 12:44 am - Reply

Photoshop World 'sans' camera? Crazy :-)

6. Damian Vines September 12, 2012 at 12:44 am - Reply

Photoshop World 'sans' camera? Crazy :-)

7. Andrew September 12, 2012 at 1:25 am - Reply

I want it !!

8. Patricia Davidson September 13, 2012 at 10:19 am - Reply

So glad you had a great time! I hope to have a chance to go one day!

9. nimesh kr September 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm - Reply

I wish to see u in india.its my pleasure if u will stay with my family in india. With regards

10. nimesh kr September 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm - Reply