|, Books, Craft & Vision, Photography|My New eBook at Craft&Vision: "Finding Focus"

My New eBook at Craft&Vision: "Finding Focus"

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:04+00:00 August 14th, 2012|61 Comments

It’s only $5! Here’s the link: http://craftandvision.com/books/finding-focus/

Yay! I’m super excited to share with you my brand-new eBook over at +Craft & Vision, Finding Focus: Understanding the Camera’s Eye. Topics like focus, lens compression and depth of field are some of those key elements we as photographers need to understand to master our craft.

Writing and photography are both passions of mine and I’m so happy that I can do both and share them with all of you. I hope you enjoy it … and, better yet, learn something along the way! :)

Special Offer on PDFs: For the first six days only, use the promotional code  *FOCUS4*  when you checkout, to get Finding Focus for just $4 … OR use the code  *FOCUS20*  to get 20% off 5+ PDF eBooks from the Craft & Vision collection. These codes expire at 11:59pm (PST) August 19, 2012.

1. Chris Smith August 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm - Reply

Awesome Nicole! I love all the Craft & Vision eBooks. I still struggle with nailing focus on my NEX 7 so perhaps this is just what I need.

2. Chris Smith August 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm - Reply

3. Cameron Siguenza August 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm - Reply

Just ordered this – looking forward to it, your Food Photography book has helped my wife's work immeasurably (and me, to give her advice) :)

4. Cameron Siguenza August 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm - Reply

5. Brian Bach Sørensen August 14, 2012 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Congratulations Nicole

6. Brian Bach Sørensen August 14, 2012 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Congratulations Nicole

7. Cameron Siguenza August 14, 2012 at 6:06 pm - Reply

and it was fun meeting you and Brian at the Thai dinner on the Colby / Lotus walk :)

8. Cameron Siguenza August 14, 2012 at 6:06 pm - Reply

9. Toni Vaughan August 14, 2012 at 6:15 pm - Reply

great book, I love your food photography book the most!

10. Toni Vaughan August 14, 2012 at 6:15 pm - Reply

great book, I love your food photography book the most!

11. Alexander Schwarz August 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm - Reply

Just downloaded it and looking forward to some great advice.

12. Alexander Schwarz August 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm - Reply

Just downloaded it and looking forward to some great advice.

13. Mohammed Bouhassoune August 14, 2012 at 6:33 pm - Reply

Congratulations ^_^

14. Mohammed Bouhassoune August 14, 2012 at 6:33 pm - Reply

Congratulations ^_^

15. Sam Figueroa August 14, 2012 at 6:43 pm - Reply

Not that it says much about the quality of the eBook, but how many pages is it?

16. Sam Figueroa August 14, 2012 at 6:43 pm - Reply

Not that it says much about the quality of the eBook, but how many pages is it?

17. Olar Alca August 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

bought!
    lets read and shoot!

18. Olar Alca August 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

bought!
    lets read and shoot!

19. Mitch Aunger August 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm - Reply

Congrats on the new book +Nicole S. Young I first saw it via a Canon EOS 5D Mark II yahoo group email list – so the word is already getting out!

20. Mitch Aunger August 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm - Reply

21. Michael McGimpsey August 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm - Reply

congrats on your new book

22. Michael McGimpsey August 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm - Reply

congrats on your new book

23. Karthik Nagaraj August 14, 2012 at 7:16 pm - Reply

+Nicole S. Young – I bought your book. Congrats on the book. I have a suggestion – why not create an account http://books.google.com/partner and make it available for purchase through the google play store? It would be so much convenient to read the book through the book app on tablet.

24. Karthik Nagaraj August 14, 2012 at 7:16 pm - Reply

25. Kevin Foster August 14, 2012 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Awesome and Congrats! I nabbed it!

26. Nicole S. Young August 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

+Karthik Nagaraj Thanks! The book is sold through +Craft & Vision, so that would be something they would probably set up. I'll look into it though :)

+Sam Figueroa It's 37 pages.

27. Nicole S. Young August 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

+Sam Figueroa It's 37 pages.

28. Ibarionex Perello August 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm - Reply

+Nicole S. Young Congrats and best of luck on the new release.

29. Ibarionex Perello August 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm - Reply

+Nicole S. Young Congrats and best of luck on the new release.

30. Sam Figueroa August 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm - Reply

Thanks for the feedback Nicole. I already loved your Food Photography book. Think this one will be enjoyed well too.

31. Sam Figueroa August 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm - Reply

32. Gary McClure August 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm - Reply

Got it — Love it!!

33. Gary McClure August 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm - Reply

Got it — Love it!!

34. Rick Mora August 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Reading it now!

35. Rick Mora August 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Reading it now!

36. Chris Smith August 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm - Reply

+Karthik Nagaraj, don't know what tablet you have but I can tell you that the experience of reading +Craft & Vision books on the iPad is top notch when using the GoodReader app. If you haven't given it a try and it is available for your tablet OS, I highly recommend it.

37. Chris Smith August 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm - Reply

38. Greg Feil August 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm - Reply

I just purchased my copy, can't wait to read it.

39. Greg Feil August 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm - Reply

I just purchased my copy, can't wait to read it.

40. Nicole S. Young August 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm - Reply

+Chris Smith +Karthik Nagaraj I think I'm gonna add some of the +Craft & Vision eBooks to my Nexus7 to see how it looks … love them on my iPad but I'm curious what they look like on a smaller screen.

41. Nicole S. Young August 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm - Reply

42. Ramon Nuez August 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm - Reply

Congratulations!!

43. Ramon Nuez August 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm - Reply

Congratulations!!

44. Matt Gordon August 15, 2012 at 3:31 am - Reply

And I could even download it from my iPad! Great work +Nicole S. Young!! Congrats on the release! :)

45. Matt Gordon August 15, 2012 at 3:31 am - Reply

46. Nicole S. Young August 15, 2012 at 4:32 am - Reply

I just want to say a big, hearty THANK YOU to everyone today with the eBook launch. Thanks for supporting me and my books! :)

47. Nicole S. Young August 15, 2012 at 4:32 am - Reply

48. Patricia Davidson August 15, 2012 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Congrats on a great book Nicole! I read it last weekend and really enjoyed it. I love how you write! I wrote a short review on my blog.

~ Patricia

49. kimberly pemberton August 16, 2012 at 12:45 am - Reply

OoOOOo… can't wait to learn all about how-to-make-sushi!!
    that's what this book is about… right?

50. kimberly pemberton August 16, 2012 at 12:45 am - Reply

OoOOOo… can't wait to learn all about how-to-make-sushi!!
    that's what this book is about… right?

51. Bodhi Dharma August 16, 2012 at 4:42 am - Reply

where I can get a discount code ? I couldn't proceed my order without the code..

52. Bodhi Dharma August 16, 2012 at 4:42 am - Reply

53. Nicole S. Young August 16, 2012 at 6:00 am - Reply

+Bodhi Dharma They're listed in my post, it depends on what you're buying. If it's just my eBook, it's FOCUS4. If you're buying 5+ eBooks then it's FOCUS20.

54. Nicole S. Young August 16, 2012 at 6:00 am - Reply

55. Tyann Marcink August 17, 2012 at 3:17 am - Reply

I just bought your new ebook, +Nicole S. Young. :) I know what I am doing this weekend…

56. Tyann Marcink August 17, 2012 at 3:17 am - Reply

57. Bodhi Dharma August 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm - Reply

Thank very much +Nicole S. Young and +Tyann Marcink, I also already bought the book, and I used code FOCUS4 :)

58. Bodhi Dharma August 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm - Reply

59. Russell Berg August 17, 2012 at 8:57 pm - Reply

Nicole, I have followed you on TWIP off and on and have always enjoyed your contributions. I bought and read the book and it was excellent. In fact it inspired me to produce this image. seeingberg.com Thankyou so much keep up the good work.

60. Angel Soriano August 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm - Reply