Vietnam: Video & Timelapse

|, Travel, Videos|Vietnam: Video & Timelapse

Just a few months ago, in November 2011, I took a three-week trip to Vietnam, and this is a quick video of some of the beautiful sights I experienced. I’m still going through and editing my images and will put a more detailed post of my travels, but for now take a look at the video to watch one of my favorite hobbies-within-photography: timelapse photography.

I just love getting excited about something, even if it is just for fun … it always seems to fuel my passion for other things I do, like writing and photographing food. I also plan on really exploring timelapse photography in-depth over the next year, so if it’s something you’re curious about watch my blog … I’ll have some great tutorials, webinars and resources for everyone.

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:08+00:00 January 12th, 2012|10 Comments

1. Ian Butterworth January 13, 2012 at 12:33 am - Reply

Beautiful. I would love to go there.

2. Erin January 13, 2012 at 5:35 am - Reply

I liked all the different elements you brought into the little video. Looks like you really enjoyed your time there. I really love the music behind the video too. Thanks for sharing.

3. frank j reda January 13, 2012 at 6:22 am - Reply

Great time lapse footage Nicole! I especially like the shots from the bike. Your training video on time lapse helped me to put together one of my time lapse test videos. I’m still learning, but here’s one of the first few I’ve done: http://frankjreda.com/lazyeye/2012/01/10/belmar-moonrise/

Thank you! I enjoy your blog posts.

4. zakton January 14, 2012 at 7:34 am - Reply

I like your video. Beautifully made. I hope you could also come over to Bali or other parts of Indonesia and make beautiful photos and videos of the country. By the way, I just bought a 60D last week and very happy to find your book on 60D in kobo.com. So I just bought your book and can’t wait to start going through it. Buying the e-version saves me the delivery cost should I have bought the paper version from Amazon.

• Nicole January 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm - Reply

Hi Zakton, enjoy the book! And yes, I’d love to travel to Indonesia one day, it looks like a gorgeous and colorful place. :)

5. Paul Morgan January 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Fabulous! I very much enjoyed this. Well done! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Paul

6. Nicole Cross January 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm - Reply

I love that video! I want to travel right now, right now! I especially love the timelapse effect on the boat ride. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for those tutorials.

7. LamTran July 18, 2012 at 1:56 am - Reply

I would like to copy your news about vietnam in to my website at http://vietnamtravelplace.com
    Thanks for your accept.

8. Derrick Pereira July 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm - Reply

Love that video! Brings back memories of a recent Vietnam trip I did. Started, down south, from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An & Hue then Hanoi with a quick stop in Sapa. What camera did you use for the bicycle scenes?

• Nicole July 27, 2012 at 9:46 am - Reply

I used a GoPro for the bicycle scenes … they have different types of adapters, one specifically for a bike, too.