Join Me for Free Webinars on My Photography!

Home|Photography|Join Me for Free Webinars on My Photography!

Peachpit Photo Club:
Tuesday, December 13th at 5:00 PM (PST)

Register here: http://www.peachpit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137633

In this presentation I’ll be discussing food photography and my book Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (here’s the link on Amazon). I’ll discuss tips on photography, styling and even some basic photographic concepts which are commonly used with food. If you’re interested in food photography, this is definitely for you!

This webinar is free and limited to 200 participants, so register early to make sure you get a seat.

onOne Presents:
Wednesday, December 21st at 11:00 AM (PST)

Register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/969105848

As one of the newest partners with onOne Software I’m making my “webinar debut” and will be giving a presentation on my photography, talk about my business (mostly stock photography) and also about my recent travels to Vietnam. I’ll share a lot of photos and answer questions along the way. I’m really excited about this, so I hope you’ll join me!

Registration is free and there is no limit for participants.

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:08+00:00 December 6th, 2011|11 Comments

1. Erik Einarsen Sellæg December 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm - Reply

Great! I’ll be joining in!

2. Kim Randolph December 7, 2011 at 8:41 am - Reply

OMG! I am so excited! My registration was accepted so does that mean I got in?

3. Alessandro December 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Great! Will it be recorded?

4. Mercè December 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Great!!
    Btw, thanks Nicole for all the tips you give in your book! You can see the results on this picture.

5. yuko hirao December 14, 2011 at 12:50 am - Reply

I took your webinar on food photography today.
    I myself is an iStocker and I’ve been always interested in food photos (but never tried to take them). The webinar was very informative and helpful. I took a lot of notes.
    Just wanted to say thank you very much!
    Yuko

6. Susan December 14, 2011 at 2:44 am - Reply

Hi Nicole,

thank you for the webinar. I got some very useful information from you and all in all I really enjoyed it.
    Susan

7. pollysplayground December 18, 2011 at 3:02 pm - Reply

Hi Nicole,

I too love food and love photography – and do the best I can with what I have to merge the two in my blog. I’m currently overseas and the webcast times don’t mesh with my timezone – but I watched the recorded version yesterday and absolutely loved it – some great info and things I can’t wait to try (waiting for my tripod to arrive from home in the mail!). My mom stuffed my virtual stocking with your e-book and I can’t wait to cuddle up with my laptop and read. Your photos are gorgeous – your food looks delicious – and your entire set up is completely inspiring (because it is totally doable). Thanks for being so real and for sharing your loves with those of us who share them.

8. Helen December 22, 2011 at 5:25 pm - Reply

Hi Nicole,

I just watched your food webinar, and learned A LOT! Thank you for letting us watch it after the actual webinar. I don’t photograph food, but have been attempting- note attempting- mostly struggling to photograph fabric jewelry for a non-profit. Seeing your setup really helped, especially the Lastolite for filtering the window light- that has been one of my big problems. Would you recommend the 48″? That looks like what you have. It’s twice as expensive as the 30″ and not as portable, but do you feel it’s a better overall investment? Thanks for sharing your expertise with us!

9. Marly December 22, 2011 at 6:11 pm - Reply

I just found out today about your webinars. Would really love to participate. Is there any way to watch a recorded version?

Thanks so much for all you do!

10. Anu January 18, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Hi Nicole,
    I have read your book for food Photography. It was awesome. I have a question regarding the lighting for food photography. So far, I had taken pictures in my closed room with tungsten light. After reading many books I would like to take pictures using the artificial light setup. Which one would you recommend for beginners? I have kids in my house so the hot lights may not work for me.

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you !

• Nicole January 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm - Reply

Hi Anu, it all depends on how much you want to spend. There are continuous lights that use cool lights, so they shouldn’t get as hot (like a Spiderlight from Westcott: http://amzn.to/xo0SrT).

If you want a strobe, you might want to look into Alienbees, but don’t get anything too powerful (a 400 should work well with food): http://www.paulcbuff.com/

You can also use an off-camera flash as well if you have one and have a way to trigger it.