I was up pretty late last night working on the last bits of my new book, and this is one of the images I created. The setup and Photoshop editing is similar to the “steaming shrimp” photo from this blog post (steam added with a hand-steamer & two images merged together using masking), so take a look at that post for more info on how I created this image.
Here’s the list of equipment used with this setup:
- Canon Speedlite 430EX
- Lastolite TriGrip Diffuser
- Black foam board for background
- White foam board underneath and also to the left for fill light
- Small reflector for fill light
- Manfrotto Magic Arm to hold fork (w/ Gaffer tape)