It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

|, Food, Photography|It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/4L IS lens, 1/10 sec at f/8, ISO 100

It’s been a busy week … lots of food photography, writing and staring at pixels on my computer. Today I photographed a PB&J, and I’ve got a few more food setups before I can pack the camera away for the day (and clean my never-ending messy kitchen). I’ve got a deadline on Monday, two more chapters and some final edits before I can breathe and my food photography book will be off to the printer! I can’t wait. :)

Also, if you have any favorite recipes or food photo ideas, be sure to add them to the comments in an earlier blog post (here’s the link) for a chance to get a free copy of my book when it’s released.

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:12+00:00 April 22nd, 2011|9 Comments

1. valerie jardin April 22, 2011 at 11:33 am - Reply

Looking forward to your book! You are inspiring me to shoot more with my 70-200 mm f/2.8 for food. So far I’ve been shooting food mostly with the 24-70 mm f/2.8. Thanks for all your great posts!

2. I think peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are disgusting. This picture is making me rethink that opinion. Yummmm

3. Michael Alden April 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm - Reply

That really does look good! I began to learn a bit about food photography a couple of months ago (I’m nowhere near your talent level) and I must say, I think I gained about ten pounds in two weeks. I’m working to lose it now. I guess it might be a good idea to cook the meals for OTHER people to eat after I photograph the setups. :)

4. Thomas Emmerich April 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm - Reply

I don’t know if I can keep coming to this blog. It makes me too hungry.

5. Dean Massalsky April 24, 2011 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Have you ever thought of using chromakey colored dishes to map alternate colors too after the photo?

• Nicole April 24, 2011 at 5:24 pm - Reply

To change the color of the dish? No. I don’t think I would ever do that, even for stock photos.

6. Susie Kline April 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm - Reply

Yesterday the family was at a restaurant where pictures of their meals spun across a big screen. They desperately need you to take their food photos! My husband said in awe at one point, “do you know there are people who get paid to take pictures of food?” Then I told him about your blog!

I love looking at your photos!

Xo susie

• Nicole April 24, 2011 at 6:18 pm - Reply

Lol! Yeah, I’ve thought the same thing too at a few restaurants I’ve been to. ;)

7. Dean Massalsky April 25, 2011 at 10:32 am - Reply

Yeah, to change the plate color. I was more wondering if it would work…White looks great, but so many places use color themes..guessing the answer is to shoot the theme alone, rather than reuse and recolor. And as someone else pointed out, so many places use lousy food photos, but, I never noticed it until I started seeing your pics.