Olive and Goat Cheese Bruschetta

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:14+00:00 January 27th, 2011|6 Comments

Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/4L IS lens, 1/8 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100

Here’s a quick sample from today’s photo-shoot. I’ll post a behind-the-scenes photo with more detail on the setup tomorrow. :)

Nicole S. Young is a professional photographer and published author whose love of photography and teaching has grown into an online business where she creates training materials and resources for other photographers. Nicole is best known for her books on food photography, but is widely versed in a variety of photographic genres, including landscape, travel, lifestyle, and even underwater photography. You can learn more about Nicole's work on her website, nicolesy.com.

1. dav.d January 27, 2011 at 5:23 pm - Reply

That looks delicious and amazing!

2. Mike Frye January 27, 2011 at 7:07 pm - Reply

OK Nicole… That’s just not right! Just stopped myself from trying to take a bite out of my monitor. WOW. So well done and it looks soooo tasty.

3. Michael M January 31, 2011 at 12:48 pm - Reply

Nicole.. big fan of yours here… Aside from how delicious this looks, I am noticing that many of the food setups, yours and others, use a very hi-key lighting effect.. really strong back-light. Do you further over-expose the background in post? The blown out areas top left where you put your watermark, is a great spot for ad copy.. is this intentional??

4. Nicole January 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm - Reply

@Michael – Yes, sometimes it is intentional (and pretty much all done in-camera). Since most of the work I do is for my stock portfolio then I do keep things like “copy space” in mind. Overall I tend to be very minimalistic and simple with my food images, and enjoy photographing the “bright whites” a lot. (BTW, the photo actually isn’t blown out, there’s still some detail in the background. I don’t tend to go for “isolated” images” with food photography.)

5. Michael M January 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Ah… victim of my un-calibrated laptop. Keep up the great work! Enjoy your participation in the TWIP program and especially like the productions shots..

… Aspiring to follow in your footsteps!!

hmmm..don’t think you ever posted the recipe for this, did you.. ?

6. Luana February 6, 2012 at 4:28 pm - Reply

kanxirnain on November 7, 2011 my fav food is:bacon,fish,and papayasi also asked my parent’s permission