Olive and Goat Cheese Bruschetta

Home|Blog, Food, Photography|Olive and Goat Cheese Bruschetta

Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/4L IS lens, 1/8 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100

Here’s a quick sample from today’s photo-shoot. I’ll post a behind-the-scenes photo with more detail on the setup tomorrow. :)

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:14+00:00 January 27th, 2011|6 Comments

1. dav.d January 27, 2011 at 5:23 pm - Reply

That looks delicious and amazing!

2. Mike Frye January 27, 2011 at 7:07 pm - Reply

OK Nicole… That’s just not right! Just stopped myself from trying to take a bite out of my monitor. WOW. So well done and it looks soooo tasty.

3. Michael M January 31, 2011 at 12:48 pm - Reply

Nicole.. big fan of yours here… Aside from how delicious this looks, I am noticing that many of the food setups, yours and others, use a very hi-key lighting effect.. really strong back-light. Do you further over-expose the background in post? The blown out areas top left where you put your watermark, is a great spot for ad copy.. is this intentional??

4. Nicole January 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm - Reply

@Michael – Yes, sometimes it is intentional (and pretty much all done in-camera). Since most of the work I do is for my stock portfolio then I do keep things like “copy space” in mind. Overall I tend to be very minimalistic and simple with my food images, and enjoy photographing the “bright whites” a lot. (BTW, the photo actually isn’t blown out, there’s still some detail in the background. I don’t tend to go for “isolated” images” with food photography.)

5. Michael M January 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Ah… victim of my un-calibrated laptop. Keep up the great work! Enjoy your participation in the TWIP program and especially like the productions shots..

… Aspiring to follow in your footsteps!!

hmmm..don’t think you ever posted the recipe for this, did you.. ?

6. Luana February 6, 2012 at 4:28 pm - Reply

kanxirnain on November 7, 2011 my fav food is:bacon,fish,and papayasi also asked my parent’s permission