Canon 7D Video Setup

|, Canon 7D, Gear, Videos|Canon 7D Video Setup

7D Video Setup

Here’s my current setup for video on my 7D. The lens is actually a borrowed 50mm used for the shot (I currently own the 50mm f/1.8). I also have a crazy huge Manfrotto tripod I use when it’s not inconvenient to carry it around. Next on my list (probably a ways down the road) is to buy a RedRock DSLR rig. Those things are pretty sweet, but also kinda pricey.

Equipment:
– Canon 7D
– Canon 50mm f/1.4
– Manfrotto 501HDV video head
– Induro CT114 tripod
– BeachTek DXA-SLR
– Audio-Technica AT875R shotgun microphone
– Rode SM3 shock-mount

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:22+00:00 April 12th, 2010|8 Comments

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole Young and Daniel King, Kevin Thornhill. Kevin Thornhill said: RT @nicolesy: New post at NicolesyBlog.com – "Canon 7D Video Setup" http://bit.ly/bR1eKf […]

2. Liana Lehua FITtorrent September 29, 2010 at 11:17 am - Reply

Can you use the 7D battery grip with this setup?

3. Nicole September 29, 2010 at 11:36 am - Reply

@Liana – Yes, you can. The BeachTek just goes on the bottom in the tripod socket.

• Brian March 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm - Reply

Love your blog. Would be great if you could post links from the gear to say a corresponding on one BH Photo for example. Only just getting going on video with my 7D so for assessing cost it would be helpful. (I know….lazy I guess I could search. Thanks again for a terrific blog.

4. Wilson Valentin August 1, 2012 at 10:01 am - Reply

Any tips and/or tuturial on video stock clips in the near future?

• Nicole August 1, 2012 at 10:23 am - Reply

I don’t really shoot any video stock (just stills), only have a few random clips in my portfolio.

5. Wilson Valentin August 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm - Reply

Let me know if you know of such links.

Thanks

6. Emanuel Alves August 3, 2012 at 9:01 am - Reply

Qual o valor dessa camera? Gostaria de adquirir.. neelvip@hotmail.com