Canon 7D Video Setup

|||Canon 7D Video Setup

Canon 7D Video Setup

By |2018-07-08T18:04:21+00:00April 12th, 2010|Categories: Gear|Tags: , |8 Comments

Here’s my current setup for video on my 7D. The lens is actually a borrowed 50mm used for the shot (I currently own the 50mm f/1.8). I also have a crazy huge Manfrotto tripod I use when it’s not inconvenient to carry it around. Next on my list (probably a ways down the road) is to buy a RedRock DSLR rig. Those things are pretty sweet, but also kinda pricey.

Equipment:

• Canon 7D
  • Canon 50mm f/1.4
  • Manfrotto 501HDV video head
  • Induro CT114 tripod
  • BeachTek DXA-SLR
  • Audio-Technica AT875R shotgun microphone
  • Rode SM3 shock-mount

Nicole S. Young is a professional photographer and published author whose love of photography and teaching has grown into an online business where she creates training materials and resources for other photographers. Nicole is best known for her books on food photography, but is widely versed in a variety of photographic genres, including landscape, travel, lifestyle, and even underwater photography. You can learn more about Nicole's work on her website, nicolesy.com.

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole Young and Daniel King, Kevin Thornhill. Kevin Thornhill said: RT @nicolesy: New post at NicolesyBlog.com – "Canon 7D Video Setup" http://bit.ly/bR1eKf […]

2. Liana Lehua FITtorrent September 29, 2010 at 11:17 am - Reply

Can you use the 7D battery grip with this setup?

3. Nicole September 29, 2010 at 11:36 am - Reply

@Liana – Yes, you can. The BeachTek just goes on the bottom in the tripod socket.

• Brian March 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm - Reply

Love your blog. Would be great if you could post links from the gear to say a corresponding on one BH Photo for example. Only just getting going on video with my 7D so for assessing cost it would be helpful. (I know….lazy I guess I could search. Thanks again for a terrific blog.

4. Wilson Valentin August 1, 2012 at 10:01 am - Reply

Any tips and/or tuturial on video stock clips in the near future?

• Nicole August 1, 2012 at 10:23 am - Reply

I don’t really shoot any video stock (just stills), only have a few random clips in my portfolio.

5. Wilson Valentin August 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm - Reply

Let me know if you know of such links.

Thanks

6. Emanuel Alves August 3, 2012 at 9:01 am - Reply

Qual o valor dessa camera? Gostaria de adquirir.. neelvip@hotmail.com