|, Photography|“Nicolesy Photography”

“Nicolesy Photography”

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:24+00:00 February 2nd, 2010|11 Comments

nicolesyphoto

Last night I dusted off my HTML & CSS books, sat down at my computer for a few hours and finally put together a splash page for my business. I’ve been meaning to create one of these for a while, just to have a nice landing-page where I could post all of the links to my main websites and contact info. I also needed a place to redirect the dozen or so domain names I own that didn’t have an index, er, home yet.

I tried to keep it pretty simple … it’s still a work in progress but I think I’m off to a good start. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think! :)

1. Trent February 2, 2010 at 12:07 pm - Reply

Looks good! Simple and gets the point across.

2. Kevin February 2, 2010 at 12:08 pm - Reply

You said that it’s still a work in progress so I’m sure this is something you can fix. The first time I went there, the images were kind of “blocky” to load. Like it wasn’t a quick load for all the images. I’m not sure if there’s a way to maybe drop down the file sizes of them so that they load really quick? Other than that, it looks fantastic to me. :)

3. Nicole February 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm - Reply

Kevin – thanks for the note, yes I noticed that too. I’m probably going to do some tweaking to the images and will drop the file sizes down at that time.

4. Shardayyy | Photography February 2, 2010 at 12:18 pm - Reply

I love the layout, very clean.

5. Andy Heather February 2, 2010 at 12:22 pm - Reply

Hey Nicolesy,
    Long time troll, first time commenter ;) The landing page looks great. I must’ve been working on mine at almost exactly the same time as you.

I like a lot of the figurative work in your iStock profile. I’d be fascinated to see a blog post or video on how you lit and/or corrected these to get them looking so well exposed.

Andy

6. Ryan February 2, 2010 at 12:51 pm - Reply

Hey Nicole,
    Love the simple, clean look. I really like the pictures you choose, however I think the mouse-over transitions were maybe a little harsh for food pictures.
    For what’s worth,
    Ryan

7. Nathan Ciurzynski February 2, 2010 at 1:17 pm - Reply

The images look great!

8. Jeff Clay February 2, 2010 at 1:32 pm - Reply

First load of images is slow, as previously noted, but they look great and the rollovers work fine for me. Very clean design/layout. Wondering why you chose only to use food shots since your portfolio to deeper than that.

9. bee February 3, 2010 at 9:33 am - Reply

I really like the composition of the three images. each one in a different color, but all fitting together perfectly.

Watching these photos it took a while till I realised that there are words written underneath them. I’d design it a bit differently. As it’s hard to describe such things in a foreign language, I felt free to make an example – hope it is ok!?

Are the colors of the headline fix? Because I’d prefer them to be a bit lighter, matching the colors of the photos…

10. bee February 3, 2010 at 9:34 am - Reply

Hmm, I couldn’t use html… here’s my suggestion

11. Nicole February 3, 2010 at 11:48 am - Reply

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I’ll definitely keep them in mind when I make my improvements! :)