35,000 Images!

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:27+00:00 December 11th, 2009|8 Comments

4175265185_7e2a208d41_o

Yesterday I sold my 35,000th file on iStockphoto.com! (That’s lucky #35k above.) I’ve been doing this for over three years now, and this is my first full year of doing photography full-time. I can’t believe how far I’ve come … and that I’m able to make my living doing what I love.

Thanks so much to iStock, my close friends, and to every photography community I’ve been involved with over these past few years … my dreams are becoming reality and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you all! :)

Nicole S. Young is a professional photographer and published author whose love of photography and teaching has grown into an online business where she creates training materials and resources for other photographers. Nicole is best known for her books on food photography, but is widely versed in a variety of photographic genres, including landscape, travel, lifestyle, and even underwater photography. You can learn more about Nicole's work on her website, nicolesy.com.

1. Bartek December 11, 2009 at 9:05 am - Reply

Great news, my congratulations :)
    I even bought one of your photos, http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-3872223-island-girl.php
    This session is great!

P.S.
    I started with iStock in march this year and i’m far far away from 35k DL’s ;)

Best regards,
    Bartek

2. Nicole December 11, 2009 at 9:45 am - Reply

Thanks so much, Bartek!

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole Young, Tom_Sparks. Tom_Sparks said: Congrats Nicole. RT @nicolesy: Yesterday I sold image #35k on #iStock! http://bit.ly/7KrtDY […]

4. uberVU - social comments December 11, 2009 at 10:12 am - Reply

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by nicolesy: Yesterday I sold image #35k on #iStock! http://bit.ly/7KrtDY

5. Chester Bullock December 11, 2009 at 10:13 am - Reply

I can’t even fathom 35k on iStock – well done!

6. Josh Becker December 11, 2009 at 10:21 am - Reply

Wow, Congratulations to you Nicole! What a massive accomplishment. I’ve been following you since I first heard you on TWIP about a year ago and I’ll continue to do so as you’re an inspiring blogger and photographer! I hope to learn a lot from you as time goes on.

7. Joe Hanink December 11, 2009 at 1:00 pm - Reply

awesome!

Do you have a suggestion for a “first iStock photo” submission that wouldn’t be too hard to accomplish for someone new?

8. Nicole December 11, 2009 at 1:11 pm - Reply

@Joe – Ultimately your initial iStock submissions should reflect the type of photographer you are (what you are good at photographing). A good place to learn more about submitting to iStock is from a fellow iStock contributor (and senior inspector)’s blog:

I hope that helps!