35,000 Images!

|, Photography|35,000 Images!

4175265185_7e2a208d41_o

Yesterday I sold my 35,000th file on iStockphoto.com! (That’s lucky #35k above.) I’ve been doing this for over three years now, and this is my first full year of doing photography full-time. I can’t believe how far I’ve come … and that I’m able to make my living doing what I love.

Thanks so much to iStock, my close friends, and to every photography community I’ve been involved with over these past few years … my dreams are becoming reality and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you all! :)

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:27+00:00 December 11th, 2009|8 Comments

1. Bartek December 11, 2009 at 9:05 am - Reply

Great news, my congratulations :)
    I even bought one of your photos, http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-3872223-island-girl.php
    This session is great!

P.S.
    I started with iStock in march this year and i’m far far away from 35k DL’s ;)

Best regards,
    Bartek

2. Nicole December 11, 2009 at 9:45 am - Reply

Thanks so much, Bartek!

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole Young, Tom_Sparks. Tom_Sparks said: Congrats Nicole. RT @nicolesy: Yesterday I sold image #35k on #iStock! http://bit.ly/7KrtDY […]

4. uberVU - social comments December 11, 2009 at 10:12 am - Reply

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by nicolesy: Yesterday I sold image #35k on #iStock! http://bit.ly/7KrtDY

5. Chester Bullock December 11, 2009 at 10:13 am - Reply

I can’t even fathom 35k on iStock – well done!

6. Josh Becker December 11, 2009 at 10:21 am - Reply

Wow, Congratulations to you Nicole! What a massive accomplishment. I’ve been following you since I first heard you on TWIP about a year ago and I’ll continue to do so as you’re an inspiring blogger and photographer! I hope to learn a lot from you as time goes on.

7. Joe Hanink December 11, 2009 at 1:00 pm - Reply

awesome!

Do you have a suggestion for a “first iStock photo” submission that wouldn’t be too hard to accomplish for someone new?

8. Nicole December 11, 2009 at 1:11 pm - Reply

@Joe – Ultimately your initial iStock submissions should reflect the type of photographer you are (what you are good at photographing). A good place to learn more about submitting to iStock is from a fellow iStock contributor (and senior inspector)’s blog:

I hope that helps!