Book Cover

4047798094_d5d763ae77_o

So, I went to the local bookstore to buy a copy that I can add to my collection of “images in-use” (doubt that I will read it … lol). They did do some Photoshop work to the image on the shirt – here’s the original so you can take a look.

By | 2016-12-18T17:01:28+00:00 October 26th, 2009|12 Comments

1. David October 26, 2009 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Wow, that’s really cool. I felt the same way when I saw one of my photographs in a magazine. There’s just something special about being in print. BTW – I liked the original better.

2. Paul October 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm - Reply

“Mike fought crime and Satan with a pistol in one hand and scriptures in the other…”

Haha! Well, at least your picture is a good one!

3. […] Book Cover « Nicolesy Photography: Blog nicolesyblog.com/2009/10/26/book-cover – view page – cached A friend of mine recently pointed me to an image of mine in use … on a book! (Here’s the link to the book on Amazon.) I see my photos used all the time and most of them are found in use on the… (Read more)A friend of mine recently pointed me to an image of mine in use … on a book! (Here’s the link to the book on Amazon.) I see my photos used all the time and most of them are found in use on the web some where (like in a blog or a news article) but it’s always a much bigger deal to see them in print. (Read less) — From the page […]

4. Rob Trueman October 26, 2009 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Great, stuff Nicole! I also had one of my images from iStock used on a book cover… in Belgium! :) It took some doing, but I finally got a copy of the book. It’s very cool to see your image in print! :) Do you know of any ways to better find your images in use? I think it would be really interesting.

Rob

5. James Berghout October 26, 2009 at 3:28 pm - Reply

Wow, they really did a number on the shirt. That is really great. They went to a lot of work to put him in a tie.

6. Josh October 26, 2009 at 3:42 pm - Reply

Does a user have to purchase a different license through iStock when using something in a manner such as this as opposed to on a blog/website?

7. Nicole October 26, 2009 at 3:47 pm - Reply

@Josh – They do sell special “extended” licenses for some uses (like if they are making more prints than the original license allows or if they are using it in an item for resale, like a greeting card, etc.) This one was just a normal use of the license.

@Rob – Most of the time other people find my images in use, especially when it’s not online. For online stuff I use Google alerts and Tineye to find my photos.

8. Kati October 26, 2009 at 4:16 pm - Reply

Niki this is amazing congrats girl!

9. Mary Wardell October 26, 2009 at 4:49 pm - Reply

Congratulations, Nicole!

10. Jacom Stephens October 27, 2009 at 9:54 am - Reply

Congrats Niki–great image. But since it is an item for resale, shouldn’t it require an extended license regardless of how many books they print? That’s my understanding.

11. Jacom Stephens October 27, 2009 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Never mind, I contacted compliance enforcement about an image of mine that was recently used in a book and they said that since the main product was the content of the book (the words, story, ideas, etc.), not the packaging, that only a standard license was required. Now we know.

12. Ron November 1, 2009 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Nice post – istock photos ..Keep Posting– Tip: Keep your post active- commenting helps it – Ron istock photos